The FPPTA is operated by a Board of Directors elected by the general membership. The Board of Directors is comprised of pension board trustees and administrators who are members of the FPPTA. There are seven Board Members and three Directors Emeritus.
Renee Lipton, CPPT
Ken Harrison, CPPT
Raymond T. Edmondson, CPPT
Director Emeritus 1937 – 2017
- Each Candidate appoints one person to the Election Committee.
- Director Emeritus, Ken Harrison will oversee the Voting Committee, balloting, and counting of votes.
- The FPPTA Secretary will take charge of votes and hold in a safe place for 30 days. After 30 days the ballots will be destroyed.
- Election Committee table for disbursing election packets and ballots will be in the Exhibit area at the FPPTA booth.
Monday, at the annual conference 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday, at the annual conference 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Ballots will be counted after balloting and the results will be posted after 2 p.m. on Tuesday, at the annual conference.
- Elected Directors will be seated at the Board of Directors Meeting on Tuesday at 2:30 p.m.
3.10 Voting Rights.
Each member Board of the active class will be entitled to one vote on each matter submitted to a vote of members. In order to vote, a member must be in good standing, which means that membership dues must be current; a current trustee list must be on file with the FPPTA office and there can be no delinquent fees, such as for prior schools or conferences. (1-26-2002) The person voting must be a trustee of a member board and be present at the conference at which the vote is taking place, but is not required to be registered at the conference. The trustee must also be duly authorized by the member board he/she declares to be representing. (2-5-2009) (2-1-2014)
3:11 Proxy Voting. Proxy voting shall not be allowed. (7-2-96)
A seated Director is required to attend all Board of Directors Meetings. Board Meetings are held every Saturday afternoon before the start of each Trustees School and Annual Conference. Additionally, most times there is an Executive Board Meeting called for Saturday morning before the start of each Trustees School and Annual Conference.
In addition to the meetings mentioned above, there are times when the Board of Directors will meet separately of an event to discuss the Budget, Planning, etc. These meetings are normally held at locations throughout the state. Should you be employed personal or vacation time must be utilized for ALL meetings. In no event will the FPPTA reimburse a director for time away from their job.
Directors are expected to serve the FPPTA under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors Chairman. Duties may include, but are not limited to: serving on various Board committees; serving on the Education Committee and working with the Education Committee Chairman to monitor rooms at a Trustees School or Annual Conference; Assisting with registration, moving materials and supplies to the meeting rooms, etc. Note, the Education Committee meets at every school and conference as well as separately in the spring for a multiple day training session.
Directors Travel and Per Diem:
- Air travel, if distance prevents driving, will be coach.
- Rental vehicles to be mid-size cars or vans. Full insurance on vehicles is required from the rental agency.
- If a personal vehicle is used, travel rate for mileage shall be the current I.R.S. rate. Mileage is not paid if a rental vehicle is used.
- FPPTA shall pay for rooms for the directors at schools and conferences and while traveling for the organization.
- A daily stipend will be paid at the current Meals and Incidentals Breakdown by county for directors at conferences, schools and travel days. (If stipend is received, we will not pay for food charges).
- Incidental charges other than parking will be the responsibility of the individual director.
- Director’s requests for reimbursement must be submitted within sixty days after a meeting. In no event will reimbursement be paid for a fiscal year if submitted thirty days after the close of the fiscal year (December 31).
- Directors will use the FPPTA Request for Reimbursement Form for all reimbursements.
- Any upgrades in travel or lodging shall be the financial responsibility of the individual director.
If you are unable or not willing to fulfill the requirements and expectations of the position of FPPTA Board of Director please contact the Chief Executive Officer as soon as possible.